The SMURBS consortium consists of 19 ERA‐PLANET partners from 12 European countries, including research institutes, space agencies and universities, EO experts of different disciplines and scientific background, in several thematic areas. The collective expertise these partners bring in covers a wide variety of EO (in situ, remote sensing, modeling, innovative observational platforms) that will be refocused during the project to serve the smart city paradigm. Apart from the “hard EO science”, the expertise also covers advanced IT and know‐how for data processing, data representation, cataloguing, querying and portal developments as well as semantics resources.
- Scientific Excellence in relation to the environmental challenges in the complex urban setting
- Solid experience in maintaining and operating high‐performance, large coverage infrastructures
- Operational experience in disaster management
- Geographic coverage ‐ critical mass
- Extensive experience from coordination of and/or involvement in GEO/GEOSS and Copernicus projects
- Interoperability/semantics resources
- Expertise and hands‐on experience in the deployment of novel in situ observation systems