Urban LC (Classification EAGLE)
A classification system for Landcover based on EAGLE
- Production of baseline Land Cover maps (10m) for comparisons and future monitoring
- Potential input data for EODESM system developed in the ECOPOTENTIAL project
- Elaboration of specific indicators such as fragmentation
- Monitoring of coastal areas
Example of applying this classification system on one of the five pilot cities: BOLOGNA
|Makes use of: Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 data products.
- Application of state-of-the-art LC EIONET EAGLE concept
- Migrating to satellite processes, enhances time availability, frequency of updates and ensures sustainability (secured by Copernicus) as well as scalability.
- User friendly GIS frontend for stakeholders provided via web-portal (WMS)
Read more: https://land.copernicus.eu/eagle,
Contact Information: Astrid Raudner ([email protected]), Michele Munafo ([email protected])
SMURBS cities: Trieste, Venezia, Bologna, Napoli, Monopoli (Italy)